Sunday, October 7, 2007

When Grown Kids Come Home for the Weekend

My son and his serious girl friend came "home" for the weekend to attend one of his friend's weddings. They are both 25 years old. We had a great time...but though we call them "the kids" -- they are anything but. How can we go from pick-up at the airport at 9 AM on a Friday to gone again by 6 PM on a Sunday? It's not enough time for us. Well, for us...but it's probably plenty for them. They are young, in love, and have their own lives in graduate school. Their "home" is elsewhere...and they visit here. I don't know how that happened or when. But, just like he's not 13 years old anymore, he's a grown man and she's a grown woman and they visit just because they love us.

I think I get it now.

No comments: